Anyone planning on tailgating prior to home Thomson football games during the remainder of the 2023 season should take note of the guidelines listed below. Groups hoping to reserve a spot should contact McDuffie County School System Athletic Director Cecil Strong at 706-986-4055 by the Wednesday prior to each game. Spaces are limited and are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- Private tailgating is permitted in designated areas only and cannot be done for commercial purposes.
- No commercial signage, advertising, promotional trailers and events, or giveaways—including food and promotional items—are allowed unless pre-approved in writing by administration. Requests should be made at least two weeks in advance of the event.
- Printed materials may not be distributed on site.
- All cooking or barbecuing must be done in a grill or smoker. Open flames are not permitted.
- Patrons are responsible for the safety of themselves and bystanders.
- Patrons are responsible for disposing of trash.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- Alcohol and drugs are prohibited. Coolers are subject to inspection.
- No music after 7:00 p.m.
- Sites must be vacated by 11:00 p.m.
These guidelines are in place to provide a safe environment for our students, staff, and fans. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.