Rising Kindergarten Summer Transition Program Supplemental Resources
This page will include resources and activities for the Rising Kindergarten Summer Transition Program.
Video Lessons & Tips from McDuffie Teachers
Little Quack Unit featuring MES PK teachers Kelli Poston, Marcianne Alligood, Hayley Birdsong, Michelle Peterson, and Nikki Phillips
- Little Quack Read-Aloud & Story Elements
- Little Quack Science, Art and Writing Lesson
- Little Quack Math Lesson
- Little Quack Letter-Sound Recognition Lesson
- Little Quack Social Studies and Math Lesson
The Doorbell Rang Unit featuring MES PK teachers Kelli Poston, Marcianne Alligood, Hayley Birdsong, Michelle Peterson, and Nikki Phillips
- The Doorbell Rang Read-Aloud
- The Doorbell Rang Rhyming Lesson
- The Doorbell Rang Cooking Activity
- The Doorbell Rang Math Lesson
There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Shell featuring MES PK teachers Kelli Poston, Marcianne Alligood, Hayley Birdsong, Michelle Peterson, and Nikki Phillips
- There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Shell Read-Aloud
- There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Shell Literacy Lesson
- There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Shell Math Lesson
- There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Shell Science Experiment
At-Home Learning Tips featuring DES PK teacher Bliss Hawkins
- Listen to Pete's song and other Pete the Cat stories here.
- Listen to this story about being kind to others.
Every Cowgirl Goes to School
- Listen to this story about making friends, being unique, and showing kindness.
Websites, Free Family Resources, and Summer Reading Programs
- Daily activities, story time, virtual field trips, screen-free time, outside adventures, and social-emotional learning resources
- No technology required holiday and seasonal crafts, math lessons, science experiments, and cooking activities for children ages 2-6
- Daily programming guide for learners (Channel 20 locally)
- Virtual Story Time, STEAM sessions, and field trips
- Cox Campus offers free weekly video lessons for families of children ages birth to 9. The activities focus on brain development, literacy skills, self-awareness, and personal confidence. Included are experiences to prepare students for entry into kindergarten through third grade.
- Each day online activities to support literacy, math, social-emotional learning, and physical development will be released. Weekly themed activities for PK are posted under Family Activities.
- Dig at Home provides music, letter games, and printables for parents.
- Parents and caregivers can find ideas to use at home with PK students in these webinars.
Virtual Field Trips
- San Diego Zoo, Yellowstone National Park, Mars, the U.S. Space and Rocket Museum, and the Boston Children's Museum
- Weekdays at 3 PM, the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden offers free virtual field trips on their Facebook page.
- At 1 PM each day, the GSTC team hosts "Scute's School" live on Facebook.
- Seattle's Aquarium and Zoo Atlanta
- Live streaming videos for young children are located on the center's Facebook page.
- Live camera feeds featuring several animals.
- Live webcams invite visitors from afar to watch lions, elephants, and other animals.
- Webcams feature flamingos, rhinos, and giraffes.
- Otters, birds, and jellyfish are among the creatures that can be viewed via webcam.
- Exhibits include alligators and sea turtles.